Sunday, September 3, 2017

E is for Elefante, Efemérides, Eduardo, España & Espanyol - all from Eva

A great postcard letter from Eva ended up being perfect for the letter E. The only piece that doesn't fit well is the paella... E for Eating, maybe, but that's not a Spanish word.


I apologize in advance if I don't have all the accents etc correct on the Spanish words. Efemérides are anniversaries. This stamp celebrates the 40th anniversary of Tragsa (Empresa de Transformación Agraria, S.A.) an organization that works in wildlife and wilderness conservation and improvement.


The other stamp, featuring an origami elephant and her calf, is the winner of a stamp designing competition. I think this is a particularly nicely designed stamp, with a strong message. E is also for Eduardo, the first name of the designer.


Thanks for using these stamps, Eva.




13 comments:

  1. I'm useless at origami but am always in awe of those that can do it, love those elephants and how they have managed to make them look 3D on the stamps. You are a winner this week for the number of Es.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could have also included 'envelope' and 'Euro'.

      Delete
  2. I like the origami elephants on that stamp! Always interesting to see the wide variety of stamps every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice collection of 'E''s!

    I'be been looking for any link between paella and an other Spamish (or Catalan) E-word but also I couldn't find one. But 'eating' of course is a good one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Spanish of course, not Spamish..

      Delete
    2. Have you both realised that you chose "twin" stamps for this theme? The winners of the competition, in the two different categories: young and adult.

      Phillip, you wrote the accents right. Just:"espanyol" is written in Catalan, not in Spanish. In Spanish it would be "español".

      I am not particularly fond of the Tragsa stamp. Actually, it was the women at the counter who chose it,after asking me: "I'm sure your friends prefer real stamps, don't they?". Otherwise, they usually put those ugly white labels. So I was happy that she was in good humour that they! (And the post office was empty, of course).

      Delete
    3. That is a nice link between me and Heleen for the letter E. As for the Tragsa stamp, it gives you absolutely no idea what Tragsa does or is - it took quite a bit of poking around the internet to figure it out, and even then I wasn't completely sure. I must have done OK, as you didn't need to correct any of my Tragsa info :) That being said, a stamp is always better than the white label of boredom.

      Delete
    4. Here you can find the official explanation about the stamp. I think it is a sweet version of the activities of the company, anyway, and don't really understand why they issued this stamp.

      Delete
  4. Love the elephants!
    (that's funny, I was also trying to find a link between paella and E words)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'E' for Espana has given me an idea for 'H' were I only have stamps from 2 countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have sparked an idea for a future letter.

      Delete